Getting your vehicle tinted will offer countless benefits including protecting skin by blocking UV rays, cooling your car, and reducing glare – just to name a few. But, before you make the initial purchase, ask yourself these 6 important questions to ensure you are on the right track.
- How long will my window tint last? – The lifetime of window films is dependent on many factors including product type and quality, the climate, and the amount of direct sunlight your car is exposed to.
- How long will it take to tint my windows? – The process can take anywhere from 45 minutes to a few hours depending on how many windows are being tinted.
- Is the film covered by a warranty? – Most quality products come with a limited lifetime warranty. However, you should confirm the exact warranty length and stipulations prior to having any vehicle tinted.
- Which window tint is right for me? – In order to select the best film for your vehicle, you should consult a professional window film dealer. Dealers offer a wide range of products in a variety of shades and colors, as well as different styles and performance benefits.
- What are the window tinting laws? – You should also consider the laws regarding vehicle window tint in your State. For a chart that gives an overview of the current laws in each State, click HERE. Here is what they have to say regarding Colorado’s window tinting law:
“All of the side windows of a car can be tinted in the state of Colorado, and unlike in many states, this includes the front side windows, meaning those beside the driver and the front seat passenger. All rear side windows can also be tinted. The window film cannot be mirrored or metallic in appearance.Colorado state law mandates that window tint on the side windows of vehicles be rated at a 27% VLT or greater, meaning it allows 27% or more of the sun’s visible light to transmit into the vehicle. This is true whether the tint is applied to clear windows or is layered over windows with factory tint. Overall, side windows must have a visible light transmission percentage rating of 27% or higher.”
- Which dealer is right for me? – Never compromise. Although there are likely several companies in your area to choose from, educate yourself to ensure that you have found the best professional window film installer by comparing customer service, prices, quality of products and brands, previous work, overall reputation and as the reputation of the manufacturer or manufacturers of the window film they sell. I think you will find that the more you understand, the more likely you will be to choose Colorado Glass Tinting.
If you would like more information regarding what was explained above or to discuss your options on getting your vehicle tinted, you can learn more by clicking HERE or reach us directly by calling (970) 690-8444 for Loveland and Fort Collins, Colorado area.